The Jostedalsbreen National Park should not be missed during a visit in Norway. It is a beautiful park with several hiking options. The most popular once are the glacier hikes. Even that you will see many cars in the parking spot, we did not see many people at the hike itself.
Where to stay
Jostedal Camping – nice camping site with huts directly at the river in a beautiful surrounding. Just sitting in the evening near the river with good book, is worth the travel to this place.
What to do
- Breheimsenteret Restaurant: enjoy a coffee or two with an amazing view. I sat there for 2 hours, only enjoying the amazing view. May due to the low season I had the whole balcony for myself. There was just not more to ask for.
- Visit the museum and souvenir shop
Hike to the Briksdalsbreen glacier, nice flat and easy hike
- Tip: parking fee needs to be paid in Norway krone at the parking lot
- Hike to the Nigardsbreen glaciers, it is a hike over stones that includes climbing over ladders. Completely worth it because you can reach the glacier closely
- Tip: entry fee can be paid with credit card